Juicing!!!

Today I want to share with you something amazing, something that will go home thinking about, and maybe even what you do everyday.

About a year ago I was visiting my cousins in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I was was offered an oddly textured, orange drink by my cousin. I took a sip and was surprised that that it was… GREAT. Being a young, calculating type, I asked what was in the drink, and the answer surprised me even more… just carrots, oranges, and apples! My cousin started showing off this thing that he called a juicer, it looked like a mix between a blender, food processor, a box, and a pipe.

Carrot Apple Ginger Juice 2of3 JE95XL

Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Food Thinkers via Compfight

That night we watch a documentary about about juicing called, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It is about a man who is, well, fat..sick…and nearly dead. He starts only drinking from his juicer for sixty days, no food! Then he…WAIT! I can’t tell you the ending, you’ll just have to watch it to find out. Lets just say that by the end of the movie I was inspired, and I think you will be inspired too. Just watch it!

7 thoughts on “Juicing!!!

1. I have watched fat, sick, and nearly dead too! It’s so interesting!
    That drink you mentioned sounded interesting but horrible when I read what the ingredients were inside!

• Yes!!! It is a very interesting movie, I’m glad you liked it. If you think that carrot orange and apple sounds horrible, you should try the kale asparagus ginger. It’s even better!

2. Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead sounds really interesting and I want to watch it. That drink you mentioned sounds disgusting because I hate carrots.

3. I watched the movie a year or so ago with my parents. They started a juice fast the next day. My mom still does it regularly. I hate juice and the smell of it but my parents love it. Because of that movie my house constantly smells like kale 🙂